Having a newborn is an incredible time - yes, it is also exhausting, challenging and filled with tears, but spending every minute of your day with someone who has just entered this world is absolutely fascinating. It is a magical stage that goes by so quickly, and as this is very likely our last baby, I am feeling quite sad to see the newborn days come to a close.
Here are some of the things I love most about newborn babies:
- Kissing the top of a bald head
- Tiny fists wrapped around my finger
- Coos, gurgles, oohhs and aahhhs
- Gums and toothless grins
- Wearing onesies 24/7
- World's softest skin
- Wrinkles, rolls and the little treasures that can be discovered hiding in there
- Holding a sleeping baby in your arms. Total dead weight.
- And my favourite moments these days are when you catch your baby staring lovingly at you and they burst into a giant smile as soon as you make eye contact. It's amazing how bonding moments like these can actually elicit a physical response, it's like I can actually feel myself falling deeper in love with him.