Monday, May 25, 2015

Back across the Bay

Crossing on the Fundy ferry 
This past weekend, my parents, the boys and I, headed back to Nova Scotia for Caleb to attend his primary school orientation at Champlain Elementary in Granville Ferry. The last time I crossed the Bay of Fundy on the ferry Odin was only 2 days old! The trip was great in many ways, however, it definitely made me realize how quickly my maternity leave is coming to an end. We'll be living back in NS before I know it, so it was a great reminder that I must try to really embrace my last few months as a full time mom.

Cale and his new buddy Samuel Champlain 
Caleb had a great time during his orientation. He saw some familiar faces from his old daycare, impressed his future teacher and aced the hearing, eyesight and speech tests. There is no doubt that he is 100% ready to begin 'real' school.  His Jr. Kindergarten program at the Fredericton YMCA wraps up this week, so I'm really looking forward to having the entire summer off with all three of my boys. We are hoping to go on tour with dad as much as we can.

We then headed to Halifax where we were able to meet up with a few friends whom we hadn't seen in way too long. I spent the night with Lydia and Nick and was finally able to meet their new baby girl! She is 6 months younger than Odin, so of course a photo shoot took place. It has been so nice to have my bff on maternity leave at the same time as me. Even though we aren't in the same city, we are able to have frequent daytime mat leave chats that I truly cherish.

 We also met up with my not-so-little-anymore brother, Tyvonn who is now 16 years old. It was so wonderful to see him again and hear about all the great things happening in his life. My entire family has such a special relationship with Ty and spending time with him is always a great time. He is going to be getting his driver's license soon so I'm hoping that a road trip to Fredericton will be in his plans for this summer!

Odin and Mia - Future best buds
Tyvonn receiving his late Christmas gifts from my dad - some signed Matt Stairs baseball souvenirs. 
Odin is cutting two new bottom teeth, so I had to include a couple more shots of his adorable smile before it changes! He is such a happy little fella and his toothy grin melts my heart.

Alan and mini Alan


No comments: