|Cousin party at Kelly's Creek. I love watching these kids make memories together.|
Thank you to everyone who helped make this year wonderful by celebrating so many special occasions with us - birthdays, mother's day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, Patriots games on Sundays, lunch dates with Grammie and Grampie, play dates with Teresa at Kathy and Roland's, inventions with Greggy, piano lessons with Linda, Wednesday afternoons with Ava, watching Alyssa play basketball and the list goes on and on... We will especially miss the ordinary days, just hanging out together because we could. We may just have to have another child so we can do it all again! (**this is a joke, so don't get too excited, Linda!!)
|Watching Dada play in Officer's Square|
- The Northside market. I have always loved the Southside market, but the Northside location was a new discovery for me. Amazing food (amazing falafels and delicious Ethiopian veggie meals), home baked pretzels (Caleb's favourite weekend treat) and weekly visits with Perley the Magician.
- Fredericton library - living without internet or cable the past few months means we've made several trips to the library for books, music and DVDs. This year's entertainment can be summed up for me with The Gilmore Girls (finished 5 seasons!), The West Wing and Choose your Own Adventure Books which are as great as I remember.
- The TransCanada Trail. This is where Caleb first learned to ride a bike, and many, many trips soon followed. We stashed our first ever geocache here and found several more. The trails are such an incredible gem in the city.
- YMCA - It felt so good for me to join the gym and regain some sanity by spending an hour away from both kids (thanks mom and dad for giving me this precious time off). The Y is also where Caleb spent 9 months in junior kindergarten making many good friends and memories, and also where Odin had his first swims. I can't wait to join the Fundy YMCA once we get back to NS.
- Friends! I was able to spend time with many close friends this year. Jill, Owen, Harris, Brent, Sarah, Leah...the list goes on. I didn't actually get out as much as I thought I might, which may have had something to do with the fact that I had an infant latched onto my side 24 hours a day, but that made the times I did spend with friends all the more valuable and it truly felt good just know you were near.
- The Johnston family and the Alders family who shared their homes and wonderful waterfront views with us. Without them, this year would not have been possible.
Thank you all so much. We are already looking forward to our next trip back in August.
|The boys and I took a trip to Bar Harbor with Greg and Linda last week. Lots of exploring and seafood consumption took place!|
|Tidal pool love|
|Mt. Katahdin look off|
|And we are off. Don't worry, there is a rope attached to the canoe!|