Thursday, September 22, 2016

Growing boys



Hammock time
I was away overnight this week and Odin woke up as soon as I got home at 9pm. I couldn't wait to see him, so I rushed to his crib, scooped him into my arms and realized HE IS HUGE! It seemed like he had grown inches and gained 5 pounds overnight. I know I've said this before, but I was completely struck by how he is no longer a little baby, but has now grown into a legitimate boy. I got choked up for a second as I hugged him harder and realized the days of us having a baby are in the past. We are now in a different stage. We now have two boys, and big ones at that. I must add that Odin sleeps really well these days. He wakes up maybe one night a week, which is so much better than where Caleb was at his age. After 6.5 years, I'm finally sleeping again!


Then Caleb heard me come upstairs, and asked for me to come into his room for a cuddle. He told me about his day at school and showed me how loose his bottom tooth was. He's losing teeth left and right these days! It felt so good to spend a bit of time with each of my boys before they fell asleep. I was only gone for 36 hours, but I sure missed them.


His two front teeth FINALLY came out - one while eating an apple slice and the other while eating a piece of cake. It's safe to say they were ready, considering the new ones are almost grown in!




As Caleb is getting older we are asking him to take on some more responsibility by helping with various chores. I thought I good one would be to get him to stack the new rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom. When I walked in to find this hours later, I realized that I should have explained the task a bit more clearly!!
We had a great couple of days in Fredericton for the Harvest Jazz and Blues festival. I got to see two nights of music (a great David Myles/Classified show, and a Hot Toddy show). For Hot Toddy, I went out with one of my best friends in the world, Adele, who has been living with her husband and two boys in Australia for the past several years. My incredible parents agreed to watch all 4 of our little boys (with the help of Aly and Ava) while we enjoyed a night of catching up. It was wonderful, and all the kids got along great.

Building international friendships
The kids got to visit the new Fredericton water park, and it was a huge success!!
Odin being charmed by Grampie's infamous dancing chicken. He pulls this out every few years to completely fascinate a new grandchild!


One of the many benefits of dating a sweet musician - backstage access!

We also brought Sunny to Fredericton so we could load her up with more items from our parents' basements - furniture, toys, wine making supplies and after all these years - all my pez. As I said to some, "you know you're an adult when you finally move your 600+ pez collection out of your parents basement and into your own home." Well, it's happened folks. They are officially unpacked and on display in Annapolis Royal. Come check them out!


My pez, in all their glory!

No comments: