Thursday, December 9, 2010

Southbound

There will be no need for all this winter wear soon!

At 5:45 on Saturday morning we take off for our weeklong vacation to Barbados. Sunshine, beaches, scuba diving, surfing, a great group of friends and family AND my best friend's wedding! There is no way this trip will be anything but amazing! I just hope I can make it through my speech at the wedding. I can hardly hold it together while watching a wedding show on tv, so I can hardly imagine how I'll be watching two people I love so much get married on the beach in an intimate ceremony. My mom is worse. She already burst into tears when Alan told her what song he was going to play (45 Years, by Stan Rogers). It will be a tear-jerker, there's no way around it.

I'm really, really excited to be able to go outside without having to bundle up. Winter is a whole different story when you have a baby. Especially one who is ridiculously squirmy and loves to pull off his hat and bite off his mittens. We've also both had colds for the past few weeks, so I'm hoping the nice weather and lots of time outdoors will get us feeling better.

Since I won't be writing for a week while we are away, I'll leave you with a few bonus photos!

Learning to drink from a cup

It's waaayyy more fun to do it this way

This is what happens if I leave Cale unattended for a few seconds. Maybe Santa reads my blog and will bring us a new deck of cards!


No comments: