Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas craft fair

A beautiful pop-up card made by Fredericton's Angela Black. Check out her website here.

I try to support local artists as often as I can, so I love going Christmas shopping at the Halifax Crafter's Market as I did today with Caleb and my friend Nina. Cale was so amused by all the action. I just love how easily he makes connections with people through eye contact and big smiles. Of course, he tugged on the coat sleeves of several strangers and tore down a few paper snowflake ornaments, but mostly he was content to hang out in our arms and take everything in.

Not the world's most elaborate fort, but it does the trick

I am really starting to feel like Cale is becoming more of a toddler and less of a baby everyday. He loves taking things off of shelves, scattering books, cds and coasters all over the floor, so we now can legitimately blame our messy house on someone else! Our bath tub is now filled with toys. He is becoming much more interactive with his play and loves to make little blanket forts, ramps for his cars and big block towers which he quickly proceeds to knock down. Alan and I sometimes play a game trying to see who can build the biggest tower before The Hurricane plows it over. We can't usually get past 4-5 blocks. Sometimes I can hardly believe that things are just going to continue to become more and more fun the older he gets. Our little guy is growing up and I'm loving every minute of it!

No comments: