Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chatterbox

Caleb is truly feeling better the past couple of days. Once again he is all smiles, full of energy and talking up a storm. I followed him around with a camera for a few hours this past weekend to try and capture some of his words. I missed some key ones like 'hug please', 'hockey stick' and 'upside down', but did manage to capture a couple of goodies, and you may notice that 'no' has become a recent favorite. I realized, however, when I had to add subtitles to some of the footage, that he may not be quite a clear as I thought! He can say the ends of words really well, but 'ock' could be sock, rock or walk. He is great at names, if I do say so myself. Greggy, Linda, Grampie, Grammie, Nina, David, Lydie and Aly all come out on a regular basis. We often look through family pictures so he can say Mary and tonight he said Adam about 200 times. Saying Sarah seems to have really stumped him, though! A few words like fish, cheese and orange are pronounced as specific grunts which took us awhile to figure out. I love that he tries to say everything and seems to remember all the words he is learning. I gave him a bite of ice cream over the weekend and this morning I asked him what he wanted for breakfast and of course he piped up with 'ice cream'!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

mary

Grandma Linda said...

What a great way to start my day :)

Anonymous said...

happy oceans day Caleb! I'm excited to meet you in a couple of weeks and become friends. Also excited to see your mom :)

Anonymous said...

that was my post above--Jenn

Anonymous said...

I love it - he will too when he gets bigger. We tell our kids what we remember, but it's so great when they can see for themselves. Little kids love to hear what they were like when they were "little"- over and over again.
Maureen