Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Recovery mode

My ear still hurts, mama

After 10 days on antibiotics, Caleb is still not quite back to his old self. He has been a bit grumpy, has low energy, wants to nurse often, has a bad diaper rash, is not sleeping well and is tugging on his ear a lot. We went to see our doctor today to see how his ear is healing, and unfortunately, it is still very red and infected. So, we are now on round 2 of a different antibiotic. I feel so mixed about this. I was really hoping that we wouldn't have to use any antibiotics until he was much older, let alone using 2 different antibiotics in 2 weeks, but I know he is in pain more than anything I just want him to get better. What is a mom to do? I don't think there are many alternatives and I just don't want to risk the infection getting worse or spreading, so we'll be doing drops twice a day for another 10 days.

Caleb has had his moments of being in great spirits, and thankfully, he was in a super positive mood when I brought him to my work party. The Ecology Action Centre is celebrating it's 40th anniversary with 40 Days of Action. Yesterday was the 40th and final day and we celebrated with a street party. Music, food, and the unveiling of an art installation on the outside of our office. Caleb was the hit of the party. Dancing, laughing, drawing with sidewalk chalk and throwing his hands in the air and yelling 'party!!' several times.

'Party!'

We also had a fun play date with our friends Rae and Gus this morning, where we spent an hour chasing each other and rolling in the grass at the Commons.

Caleb and Gus taking a break from the games

I'm really happy to say that the film I've been working on for the past few months is complete! Voices for our Coast is the final product. A 10 minute call to action from the people of Nova Scotia! It has over 400 hits on youtube so far and we held 2 screenings which went really well, so I'm happy people are enjoying it. I hope that this will help move our campaign of protecting Nova Scotia's coasts forward. You can watch the video here. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

So glad Cale is on the mend. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks and this time it will be a lot more fun than last time with such a sick boy.
Your video is wonderful. I don't think it's just a mother's pride!

Kathy said...

Hi Ash! Exciting about all the projects you are involved in! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon! love Auntie Kath