Saturday, January 21, 2012

Imagine

"I'm Kyle"

In one week, Cale will officially be a toddler. The big 0-2! When I look back on the changes over the past two years, it is nothing short of astounding. His new favorite game is pretending to be someone else - "I'm Daddy", "I'm Kyle (while he plays bass)" or "I'm Lydia". He proudly declared over dinner last week "I'm Ringo!" and started playing the air drums. We finished our meal as the Beatles. I love that we are starting to get these little glimpses into his imagination.

His memory also amazes me. You can practically see his brain growing as he takes in all that we tell him, and he will often recall something from a conversation that we had the day before. One night this week we were talking about marriage - mommy is married to daddy, Grammie is married to Grampy.... His first words the next morning were "Thanks so much, dad, for giving mommy that ring!". Too adorable.

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Can't wait to have a Fredericton Birthday Bash!