Sunday, January 29, 2012

Two

Birthday present from Mama and Dada

Caleb's birthday weekend was jam-packed with fun. In two short days we managed to squeeze in friends, museums, barnyards, body painting, balloons, cupcakes, candles...I shouldn't really be surprised that he couldn't fathom taking a nap in the midst of all the excitement. I really wanted him to have a special birthday to show him just how wonderful we think he is. Here is our weekend in photos.

Bullfrog at the Natural History Museum

Sprinkles.
This was actually my first time ever making cupcakes, and it wasn't the easiest task with my non-electric hand mixer! The consistency wasn't exactly 'light and fluffy' when I put them in the oven. I was relieved this morning, however, after I gave Cale a sample and he exclaimed "I love it"! It's great that being a mom is forcing me to learn some essential life skills, like baking!

Birthday party pals (L-R: Liam, Caleb, Gus, Daniel and Elwin)

Joy.

I didn't stop him. One parenting trick I've learned is that painting with toddlers is best done right before bath time!

Candles in his bedtime snack. He will likely be disappointed tomorrow when he learns that being two doesn't actually mean that you get candles with every meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley Happy Birthday to Caleb,he is sooooo cute and I wish I could see him in person to hug and kiss him! You are a great mom and a great person.I am proud of you.Love, faye