Thursday, April 19, 2012

Little Bee


The bathrobe and the Bay of Fundy
In the car this morning Caleb asked to listen to ‘Little Bee’. I told him I didn’t know that song and asked him to sing it. So he started ‘little bee, little bee, little bee, little beeeee’. Then I got it - he wanted to hear ‘Let it Be’. Of course!
Caleb is transitioning into a new class at daycare this week – preschool 2. This is a class of 2-3 year olds and although I’m happy he’ll be around older kids and will be beginning to do more age appropriate tasks, I still can’t believe his days in the baby room are so far behind him. I remember looking at the older classes when Cale first began going to daycare and I couldn’t even begin to imagine having a child that big. These were kids, not babies, and now my baby is one of them.
I know he is ready, without a doubt. His language is amazing, he is independent, confident, smart and he will easily adjust to his new class, teachers and friends. I’m a little less sure if I’m ready. I know that I’ll have a wave nostalgia when I drop him off to his new classroom on Monday morning, but I guess that is what parenting is all about. Supporting your child through all of their stages, joining in on their excitement and beaming with pride as they learn new things, dreaming about all of the things they will one day do, but still wanting to somehow slow it all down. My little bee is quickly growing up and I’m so happy to be the one by his side through it all. Let it be.

No comments: