Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bun in the oven!

It's true...and I'm not just talking about homemade cinnamon buns!
I'm extremely happy to announce that we are expecting a baby at the end of August. Caleb is over the moon and will undoubtedly be a wonderful big brother. He is filled with questions and will occasionally walk up to my belly and say 'Hello in there! Come out, come out wherever you are!!'

This pregnancy has been so much different than my first one. For about 8 weeks was struck down with pregnancy sickness (I refuse to call it morning sickness since it lasted all day and night). It was terrible and I was absolutely useless. Everything seemed to trigger nausea especially all types of food. I couldn't be near my kitchen, I couldn't wash a dish, I couldn't even say the word compost...I certainly wasn't at my best! Thankfully, Alan was home for most of the time so I was able to lay on the couch, rest up, focus on getting trough work the next day, while Alan took care of absolutely everything.  I'm a lucky gal.

One night Alan was gone and I knew I would have to prepare some sort of dinner for Caleb. I handed him a whole carrot, asked him to eat it in a different room and come see me if he needed a piece of bread when he was done. I couldn't even bring myself to cut the carrot into sticks!! Not my proudest mom moment.

The good news is, the nausea has passed for the most part and I'm feeling immeasurably better. I'm now in the so called 'honeymoon trimester' - not too sick, not too tired, not too big! I'm trying to enjoy it and take care of myself as we wait for the months to pass and a new bundle of joy to join our family.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Oh, Ashley, such wonderful news! Congratulations! And though I have now mostly forgotten about those first awful months of pregnancy #2, I had the same experience, and I completely sympathise. I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy as much as you can!