Thursday, August 28, 2014

Overdue


I'm now 40 weeks and 4 days and I don't know how much longer I can waddle around this town.
Overdue??!! This was the last thing I was expecting. Caleb was born 5 days early and I had myself convinced that our new little one would follow his lead. The doctors had told me that Caleb's early birth was a good indicator, and after one ultrasound I was told that the baby was 5 days larger than expected. So I knew that there was no way I'd make it to my due date...and yet, here we are!

I've had 2 membrane sweeps, numerous long walks and drives on bumpy roads. So far I've had only an hour of very mild contractions last night, but nothing labourish today at all. Tonight I'm turning to the spicy curry and labour inducing pressure points! I'm feeling enormous, sore and impatient. How is it that 4 days can seem longer than an entire 9 months. But deep down I know that he has to come one of these days, right?

If nothing happens over the weekend, I'll be induced on Monday (which also happens to be Labour Day). Maybe this baby just has a sense of humour and really appreciates the irony of our situation.

Come on baby, your family is waiting to meet you....and we won't hold your tardiness against you! Unless I'm writing a similar blog post in a week from now!!!

No comments: