Thursday, March 5, 2015

6 months!


Ahhh! Half of a year has already come and gone! Wow. I feel like I need to take a deep breath and just soak it all in for a minute. Odin Alistair Jeffries, my scrawny little baby, is turning into a handsome, strong and adorably chubby boy right in front of my eyes. His 6 month doctor's appointment revealed that he is just shy of 18 lbs, and is continuing to perfectly follow the 50th percentile growth curve. We are beginning to uncover his personality as each day he reveals new glimpses of who he is going to be. He is his own little fella, that's for sure.

I can't help but compare him to Caleb, but as Alan said the other night, we are dealing with a whole different beast here. It's so true. At this early point in his life, Odie seems quite rough and tumble, and very, very independent. He is at the stage where he loves to be surrounded by toys so that he can taste each one individually, then throw it on the floor. I remember Cale dropping toys, but Odie actually puts some muscle into it and throws them down to the floor. I've said out loud, on more than one occasion, that he has a really good arm! He loves to eat solid foods, but only if he is holding the spoon by himself....at 6 months! It's like he let me feed him for one day then decided, "It's ok mom, I can take this from here.' (See video below). He also has learned a new sound that he's been practicing on repeat for the past few days. It is a blowing sound that is basically a 'pfffft'. So for the past few days most of our conversations have been followed by a baby saying 'pffffttt...'. It's as if he is completely dismissing what we just said, and it makes it pretty hard to take anything seriously.

We invited Monica over for her first ever SLEEPOVER last weekend and I'm very happy to report that the cousins all had a great time. We even had a chance to Skype with Amelia and Jack. CousinFest 2015!



No comments: