Tuesday, December 20, 2016

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

My parents asked once again for a photo with the grandkids, while Adam and I  longingly looked on! 
We spent a wonderful weekend in Fredericton celebrating the holidays with family. Odin and I returned home yesterday to Alan who was patiently waiting to see us after being away for the past few weeks. The fire was on, supper was cooking, the tree was lit and it felt great to have my husband back! Caleb stayed in Fredericton for a few extra days and will come home on Thursday, along with my parents, who will be spending Christmas with us in our new home this year. We are so excited for our family vacation to begin!

Caleb and I took a vacation day together last week to get our tree, finish up our shopping and spend some quality time with each other. It was wonderful, and you've got to love those 6 year old smiles!!
Fredericton was wonderful, as always. We had a great time with the Jeffries family for a pizza party and cousin play date. Caleb was busy writing Santa's 'Naughty' and 'Nice' lists. I nearly fell off my chair laughing when he read off, in all seriousness, the naughty list which mostly included made up names, but also one Mr. Donald Trump. That's my boy!

Ice cream party!
We also joined my family for their annual Kings Landing supper, which was a night filled with great food, company and music. Odin was in love with the musicians and jumped out of his seat to sing a dance for everyone in attendance. We returned home to perhaps the greatest gift of all. While we were on our way to dinner, my brother stopped by my parents' house and set up a full sized 'leg lamp' on display in their front window (an exact replica from the one in the classic movie Christmas Story). It was a hilarious sight to return home to and made for a great story for us to tell for years to come!!

Glorious! Or at least my dad thinks so, my mom quickly moved this from the FRONT window, to a more discreet location! 

Odin stealing the show!

All the kids joined in for this carol
With his buddy, Aunt Colleen!
Christmas spirit!

Odin has been pulling out this ridiculous pose quite often - turns out it is his Grinch impression!

Here he is with my preferred pose!
Have a wonderful Christmas, everyone!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love this post! Enjoy your Christmas!!