Thursday, July 8, 2010

First friends

Juniper, Caleb, Daniel and Rex

Whales! We've been seeing minke whales swimming in front of our house for the past 2 weeks. There is nothing better than having a nice cup of tea on the front porch in the morning and seeing a back and dorsal fin slowly rise out of the water. This will definitely be one of my favorite memories from living in Duncans Cove. And, over the weekend I heard an unfamiliar bird calling from outside the kitchen window. I looked out to see a Northern Mockingbird perched on the telephone wire. I had to look it up in my Sibley's Guide to Birds since it is a rare sighting around here and the first one I've ever seen in the Maritimes. Nice addition to the list.

Caleb now officially has his first friends! We've been able to have a couple of play dates with Tara and her daughter Juniper and Mary and her son Daniel. It is so fun to watch Caleb interacting with other kids and I'm so happy to have some other moms to hang out with. There was a lot of discussion about sleep!


1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

What funny cute pictures but is my little Caleb pulling Rex's ear?!