Friday, July 23, 2010

Solid food!!

The very first bite!

After a great 6 month check-up (he turns 6 months on the 29th!!!), the doctor gave us the go ahead to start giving Caleb solid foods. So tonight Cale ate his first real meal - iron fortified rice cereal! It was an absolute hit! I think he was so excited and surprised to try a new taste that he would have eaten 4 bowls full! It was a bit emotional for me....this is the first thing he has had in his entire life that didn't come from me. His first step toward independence from his mamma! I think I'll get over it very quickly, especially if a full tummy helps him sleep well tonight! He weighed 18lbs (75th percentile) and was 90th for height.

Getting the hang of things

Going in for every last drop!

Please, daddy, can I have some more?

A very satisfied little boy!

No comments: