Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Heat wave

Making the best of the heat by hanging out with dad in the shade

Wow, it is HOT! Our neighbours are telling us it has never been this hot in the cove. I can't complain because I know it is a million times worse in Fredericton, but we are not used to these temperatures on the coast! We've been trying to stay cool by hanging out in the shade, using squirt bottles, taking cool showers and for the first time ever, swimming in the cove with no wetsuits! The water is wonderfully refreshing. It is so great to be able to swim in our backyard. I took my mask out this afternoon and couldn't believe how amazing, warm and clear it was...so much kelp drifting with the current, a few seastars and crabs, one small fish, huge rock outcroppings ...I don't know why I waited so long to explore the underwater world here! I guess because I was pregnant last summer and it is usually really, really cold. I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to get back in and explore some more. I've got to do it now before Hurricane Earl hits this weekend and stirs everything up.

Cale has been talking up a storm lately. Babbling, as they call it. A lot of yayayayas, and dadadadas, and the occasional mamamama. He is also able to hold himself up in crawl position, but isn't quite on the move yet. Good thing, because we've still got some baby-proofing to do. We are enjoying our last little while of relative calm before the constant game of 'chase the baby' begins!

I can hardly wait to get going...mom and dad won't know what hit them!

2 comments:

Megan said...

So cute! Watch out with a mobile kid- or with one who knows how to take his bum genius off...like our genius son! That can get messy if Mom and Dad don't get smart! Stay cool Ash.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah! His legs look so strong in the first page. I get soooooooooo excited when I see a new blog. xoxoxo sending lots of love and hugs your way. don't get blown away this weekend!(seriously though don't)
mary