Sunday, September 26, 2010

In Memory

Ellie at her 90th birthday party in November 2009

My great aunt Ellie passed away yesterday. She was 90 years old and an incredibly smart, funny, sweet and loving lady. She never had children of her own, but was just like a mother to my mom and a grandmother to me and several of my friends. Spending time with Ellie at her home in Riverside Albert County when I was young is where my lifelong love of the Bay of Fundy was born. I'm so happy that Caleb and I were able to spend lots of time with her while she was in the hospital over the past few months. Although Ellie didn't have the strength to hold Caleb in the end, she always wanted to warm his feet in her hands and Cale never failed to reward her efforts with a giant smile. Ellie lived a long and happy life and will be greatly missed by many.


Ellie with Alan and I on our wedding day

2 comments:

John Booker said...

Dear Ashley,

A beautiful tribute to Ellie. She was a special lady and I hope your lifelong memories of her will sustain you. Colleen considered Ellie a member of her family and I know that Ellie was special to Pearl as well.

Thinking of all of you,

John & Colleen

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your loss Ashley. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Jenn