Friday, February 18, 2011

Fancy footwear

My feet are warm, dry and stylish!

I finally found a pair of boots that actually stay on Caleb's feet! After months of unsuccessfully experiementing with babylegs/socks/shoe/boot combinations, I saw a kid in the library wearing a pair of Stonz, and I chased down her parents to find out wear they bought them and immediately went to pick up a pair. They are amazing. They fit over his slippers, have drawstrings to keep them over his pantlegs, are warm, waterproof and made in Canada! I'm in love...and if you are also on the never-ending search for decent winter footwear they are 50% off on the Stonz website right now (click here to check out their selection).

You may not believe this, but my other footwear fantasy came true last weekend. While at Frenchy's, Lydia found something that until now only existed in my dreams...

The complete matching family set!!!!
In other non-footwear related news, Alan is off to Memphis with David, so Cale and I are on our own for a few days. We spent a bit of time at our local garage while we were getting an oil change and within the first minute of being there Cale saw and ran to get a broom that was hiding in the corner (yes, brooms are still his favorite toy, although he gets pretty excited by the vacuum now, as well). The mechanics thought is was hilarious and were so impressed with his skills that they even offered him a job!! We also went to watch Tyvonn play hockey a couple of days ago and Caleb managed to find brooms stashed in 3 different locations around the rink...it's like his got a sixth sense! Such a talented boy we have!
Stay tuned for an exciting sleep undate coming next week and have a great weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

What a guy! Show him the dishpan and you are in business!

Anonymous said...

I love that he loves brooms so much. When I need cheering up I look at the pictures with him and his broom. love you guys!
mary