Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First protest!

First off, I see I wrote in Cale's birthday post that Mama was his favorite word and Dada was only used once in a while...well that has completely changed. It is all Dada, all the time here now! I think I've been bumped out of the top spot, but it is so ridiculously cute that they are best buddies that I don't mind a bit! In other news, we still have some snow on the ground!! This is our 3rd winter in Duncans Cove and we've never had snow last for more than a day. Even if there is snow in Halifax, it is usually green out here. I had to take the opportunity to use the little snow we have to finally build a snowman with Caleb.

Coasty the Snowman

Caleb had his first chance to let his inner activist shine today! I attended a World Wetlands Day function put on by the Province with some of my colleagues from the Ecology Action Centre. Although it was great to hold an event in appreciation wetlands, we thought it would have been an amazing opportunity to release the long-overdue Provincial Wetland Policy, which the government made no mention of. We decided to attend the event wearing thought bubbles over our heads reading 'I wonder where the wetland policy is' and just casually mingling with everyone there without saying a thing about it. Quite an effective strategy to draw some attention to the issue, I thought...but the real kicker was Caleb and another baby wearing signs on their back saying 'This policy was due before I was born'!! It was a hit. Caleb was running around the event (mostly running toward the cheese tray), tugging on the pant legs of Ministers and making sure everyone noticed him and read his sign. Perfect!

Watch out, David Suzuki, there's a new environmental activist in town!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Too cute but don't get our little guy arrested!