Sunday, March 18, 2012

World's easiest craft

Mom, Dad and Cowboy Caleb

Thanks to Pinterest, I discovered this amazing site Made By Joel , which is filled with tons of great ideas on how to make toys and crafts using simple household items. He is basically the MacGyver of arts and craft projects. I stayed up way too late last night reading about ways to reuse toilet paper rolls and cereal boxes! This morning I couldn't wait to make these little cardboard dolls. It literally took me 2 minutes and Caleb played with them on and off all day.

All you need is some cardboard, a marker and a paper clip. I also used stickers for some, just to spice things up a bit! I can see bringing these to a restaurant or doctor's office sometime when I need a compact toy that will keep Caleb's interest for a while.

Simply bend the paper clip, slip it inside the cardboard and let the fun begin!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

You'll have to remember some of those easy ideas for Jamaica. You're probably not going to pack up his toy barn!

Ashley said...

I know! I'm hoping a shovel and pail will keep him happy in Jamaica!