Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend

Cuddling up with the cousins

My parents came to visit for the long weekend and they had their hands full. Alan and I had planned our first 2 night getaway, so Greg and Linda were going to watch Caleb for us. It turned out Adam and Angela were also in Halifax, so they dropped off Aly and Ava for the weekend and my parents got to spend Easter weekend with all three of their grandkids.

Alan and I had a cottage rented in the Annapolis Valley and we were so excited to spend some time together and get some much needed rest and relaxation. The first 20 minutes of our vacation was great, until we had to pull over on the side of the highway when Alan started feeling sick. It turned out the dreaded stomach flu also decided to join us on our romantic getaway! We did end up getting lots of sleep, and thankfully I had lots to read, so we made the best of our time away.

Back home, my parents were having a great time. Caleb loved having his cousins here to play with and he even slept for 11 hours straight one night. Unfortunately, Aly was the one who woke up in the middle of the night, also sick with the flu. We thought Ava was going to be ok, until on she was sick in the car on the drive back to Fredericton. Blah. So it didn't turn out to be quite the weekend everyone had hoped for, but it is one we will surely remember...and it must mean that Alan and I get another weekend away soon. And next time we'll stay up past 8:30!!

Tyvonn spent Thursday night in the Cove, showing Caleb some stick handling moves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I hope Linda and Greg are feeling ok. We are leaving from Kim and Jim's today. we got a full day of work in on the new farm and then I got sick the next day(pretty sure that Lauren is getting is now too) but it is just a cold. I hope you don't get sick.
Mary

Grandma Linda said...

Take a wild guess who was up sick last night?! Moi!

It was still worth the trip-the kids are so much fun!