Thursday, April 14, 2011

Working Mom

My mom is working to protect the coast...woohoo!

Determined to make it to the water before mom catches me

I think I'm actually settled into my new role as a working mom. It really, really helps that Caleb is in daycare two days a week. Having a set schedule really helps me get in solid hours at the office and I don't feel like I have to juggle my time quite as much to get in the extra hours at home. I'm lucky to have a flexible job that I really enjoy, and I also feel really lucky to still spend most days with Cale. I'm working on an exciting new film project at the moment, talking to Nova Scotians about the coast - why they love it and what needs to be done to protect it. I'll post a link to it here when it is done (in the mean time, join our 'Act for the Coast Now' facebook page if you want to find out more).

Caleb is more outgoing and hilarious everyday. He loves to say hi, wave and blow kisses to just about everyone he meets. He definitely makes the day of complete strangers on every outing I take him on. His vocabulary is growing daily. Bubbles, walk (alk), dog and down are big ones lately. And of course he still loves his baa baa black sheep. Here is a little clip of him singing his own version of the song. It is funny to see who is on his mind when we sing this. Today it was Dada who got all the wool, since his dad is at the ECMAs and Cale is missing him. Sometimes the wool is for Linda or Grammie, but usually all the wool goes to Greggy like in the video. For some reason old Mama never gets any wool, but I'm allergic anyway, so that must be why.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am BUSTING! the pictures are so frigging cute and then add the video on top....I am so excited to see him in person this summer(oh and you guys too). Great update Ash. I am glad you are finding your groove.