Friday, December 12, 2014

Advent adventures

Happiness is wearing matching Christmas onesies!
We are doing our 'activity advent' calendar again this year, and day 1 brought about an adorable surprise. Matching Christmas pyjamas. I've been dreaming of a photo like this for years and the reality of it is even better than I could have imagined! I love the activity advent idea, although I admit I am not putting in anywhere near the effort I did last year. It probably has something to do with having a 3 month old baby and a husband who has been away most of the month. But each day, I have been able to pull something off. Thankfully Caleb can't read yet, because I rarely do what the piece of paper says, I just make it up as I go in the morning - making Christmas cards, watching holiday movies, baking, donating gifts to the local toy drive, building a gingerbread house...and who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Day 9 - Family Christmas sing-a-long!
I feel like my life is moving in fast forward these days. My tiny little baby is growing up so quickly!
He is increasingly engaged and interested in everything around him. He just sits back and soaks it all in. Odin's mood overall is really positive, although he can be a bit 'hot and cold' these days.  It is quite amusing to watch him instantly turn from laughter (yes, he can laugh now!!) to tears then back to his signature serious stare. His laughter is the most beautiful sound in the world and it has brought me to tears more than once. We're just all over the place with emotions around here!

We've got a thumb sucker on our hands! 
Time for the exersaucer already?? 

No comments: