Sunday, October 9, 2011

Giving thanks

Dancing to the Saturday afternoon bluegrass jam at Bearly's

This year I'm very thankful for my wonderful family. Even though we are on our own here in Halifax, I feel like we have an amazing amount of support. Cale has been lucky to have so much time with his grandparents, cousins and aunts and uncles. I love hearing him randomly say things like - 'What's Tommy doing?'... 'Hug Angela'... 'Grampie bike' (for every motorcycle)...or 'call Greggy Linda' when we are getting ready for one of our many skype calls. Knowing how much he loves his family makes me very happy.

I'm thankful for our many close friends. We feel much more connected to Halifax since we've moved closer to town and I love being able to have friends over for dinner or to have Lydia randomly stop by for tea. Time with friends is good for the soul.

I'm incredibly grateful for my wonderful son (I still get a kick out of saying I have a son). Watching him grow from a baby into an active and inquisitive toddler is the pride and joy of my life. Most days I am amazed by all that he knows, but I love the moments when he tries to pick up a picture of a hammer out of a book, or sits on a tiny lego wagon expecting it to be able to hold him, and I remember that he still has so much still to learn.

I'm also very thankful for Alan and how he is always there for me, even in the wee hours of the night. I'm also so happy that Alan is doing what he loves with his life, and I thought my niece Ava said it best when we were watching Alan play this weekend and she said, 'Caleb is so lucky that his dad is a rockstar.' I couldn't agree more. and on top of that, he comes up with great family fun adventures, like today when we walked to the bus stop and rode 3 stops for Caleb's first ever bus ride.

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ashley, Alan and Caleb. Thanks for the wonderful visit.