Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sick days

After months of living in a healthy household, Caleb has been struck down with a virus.

Fever.
Non stop runny nose.
Not sleeping well.
Not eating much.

The usual symptoms of a baby in need of some TLC, which Alan and I are more than happy to provide. The trouble is it is Wednesday and we both need to work! Deadlines are approaching and I'm sitting on the floor building lego castles instead of writing grant applications while Alan is working a day and night shift. Phewph...

Yesterday was what I would consider a fun sick day. Cousin Malcolm came over for a visit yesterday and Alan had a practice scheduled at the house, so both boys got to hear and join in on the jam. Today, is a bit more of a struggle, but we'll make it work. Thankfully I've found a coworker at work to watch Cale while I give a presentation at DAL this afternoon, and I'm hoping for a long nap so I can get a few hours of work in. It will probably be a late night for me, but this is the life of a working mom. You need to roll with the punches, put your child's needs first and enjoy this 'bonus' day together. Try to sneak in some productive time when you can but remember that everything that needs to get done will get done.

Future band mates?

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Too cute!! Hope he gets better in time for our fun Saturday night.