Friday, August 6, 2010

Picnics, playdates and the very first tooth!!!

Family Picnic

We are heading back to Duncan's Cove tomorrow after a wonderful two weeks in PEI and NB. Yesterday we had an early birthday picnic for Grammpie Greg at O'Dell Park. Caleb's happily ate his meal of carrots, apples and barley cereal. I've been really enjoying making my own baby food for Caleb. My peas weren't very successful, but I realized after I had blended them that I forgot to steam them first!

We had a great playdate today with many of the newborn Fredericton babies. 4 month old Bren and big brother Foster (Tanya and Shawn), 4 month old Lydia and big sister Stella (Ryan and Shona), 9 week old Regan (Jill and Ryan) and 6 week old Eloise (Owen and Amy)!!! Great to have some time quality mama and baby time!

Lydia, Cale and Bren (I'm sooo happy to have another Lydia in my life!!)

And the most exciting news of all...Caleb's first tooth has just broken through! My dad discovered it this afternoon. My favorite gummy smile is soon to be no more! He also has a stuffy nose and a bit of a cough so I finally have an excuse for why he doesn't sleep well!

Finishing up dinner with Katrina (you'd never know he has a cold and is teething!)

1 comment:

John Booker said...

Hi Ashley,

I guess Colleen truly does have ESP after all. She asked you at the picnic if Caleb had any teeth showing yet and you said you weren't sure.

Won't be long and Caleb can get in to all that "real food" like delicious chocolate desserts!