Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tyvonn comes to Fredericton!

All the guys at the camp

This weekend Tyvonn and I are enjoying our second annual trip to Fredericton and also to Moosecall, my dad's fishing camp. This is a trip we both look forward to all year. Yesterday morning, Ty, Caleb, Alan, Greg, Grammpie J., uncle Mike and I all jumped into our trucks and hit the road to the Miramichi. We had tons of adventures lined up - fishing, canoeing, an archeological dig to look for arrowheads (no luck), moose spotting (saw 2 crossing the river), camp fires and moosecalling. I have never been lucky enough to witness a successful moosecall until last night when Tyvonn, on his very first try, assuredly placed the birchbark moosecall to his lips and let out a long, hollow cry (we had been given a demonstration of how to properly do a call and also watched some videos on youtube the night before to prepare!). Sure enough, we immediately heard a loud splash and a moose call back from the other side of the river! It seriously made my heart jump. especially because it was pitch dark and I couldn't imagine how I would explain to Big Brothers/Big Sisters that my little had been chased by a moose! That was all the response we got, but I think it is a memory that will stick with all of us!

We are home again now and after all the fun we've been having, we are ready for a nap.
Tyvonn practicing the moosecall

Cale's first gorbie feeding!

Alan poling Tyvonn upriver to catch minnows!

Two proud grandfathers

Look closely and you can see two teeth!


4 comments:

kathy said...

Right on Tyvonn!! I bet he will never forget that! And I can see those two little teeth!!

John Booker said...

Looks like all the guys do at the camp is drink. Caleb is going to have to learn how to cook! Poor boy...

Lydia said...

Is that a lumberjack-print onesie that I spy? And moccasins? Cale is really rockin' the fishing camp fashion! That last picture is too cute.

Ashley said...

Yes, Lyd...that is in fact a fleece onesie and matching mackinaw jacket. Amazing, isn't it? Ang found them at a yardsale a few years ago and held on to them until little Cale came along!
And Kathy, he now has 5 teeth either in or almost breaking through! It's been a tooth explosion the past couple of weeks!