Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Baby's first autumn


Well fall is officially here. Our three cords of firewood are nicely piled on the deck although we haven't needed our first fire just yet. The days are still sunny and warm enough to quickly dry our clothes and diapers outside. I made a delicious squash, ginger and apple soup the other day which made a perfect lunch for a fall day and a great remedy for the colds we all have. I packed up all our summer clothes and hung our sweaters in the closet. I couldn't resist stopping for a quick photo shoot midway!

We've been seeing tons of deer on our walks lately because most of the leaves have already fallen (thanks to Hurricane Earl). It always amazes me how quiet they are, but I always seem to catch a glimpse of their white tails bobbing up and down as they run off through the bushes. All signs that fall is here and I feel ready to let go of summer and embrace the season ahead. Although, I must admit, I am already looking forward to many more matching Hawaiian shirt shots next summer!

Watching a boat go by on a sunny day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did Cale help you pile the wood?
I love love love this blog post.
xoxoxo
mary