Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Caleb (in his Tom Brady jersey) eating his turkey dinner. He would much rather feed himself with his fingers these days than by spoon fed now that he has mastered his pincher grip!

I have so much to be thankful for this year. Mostly I'm thankful for our healthy and happy baby boy and the wonderful family he has who love him. I don't think Cale could ever have asked for better grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends. I'm very thankful for my one year maternity leave that has allowed me to make so many trips to Fredericton. I've reconnected with friends in the States on facebook who have only 6 weeks maternity leave which I couldn't even imagine. We were home again this weekend for both a delicious turkey dinner made by my mom and for a special musical event. Eric Leblanc, who is a good friend of both our families and like an uncle to Alan and I, had a CD release concert Saturday night for 'Thirty and Thankful' an album that celebrates the Grass Circle Jam, a group of friends who have gotten together to play music together at Eric's house over the past 30 years. Eric is actually the reason Alan and I are together today! He was the one who told me to take guitar lessons from a young man named Alan at Freddy's Music Store 9 years ago! So I'm very thankful for Eric, as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who would ever have thought of Eric as a "match-maker"!!!
Karen