Sunday, October 17, 2010

Just the two of us


Cale and I had a quiet weekend while Alan was away. I found time to stock up on homemade baby food, go for several nice walks, finish the third Stieg Larrson book, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (so good!), have some wedding talk with Lydia and even watch some chick flicks (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants part 1 and 2 - made me wish Lyd, Amy and I had an item of magical clothing to share...maybe it's not too late!!).

We did a new trail today - Frog Pond in Purcell's Cove - which was beautiful. Two loops around took us 1 hour. I always laugh when I walk with both Caleb and Arlo that the people we see are either 'dog people' or 'baby people'. Often people will say something like 'Oh, how cute' or 'What's his name' and I have to quickly decide if they are talking about my baby or my dog! Today it was all 'dog people'! Poor Cale could have been invisible! I have never heard so many 'Look at him, he is sooo sweet'.....and as I smile down lovingly at Cale, they continue 'I just love beagles'!!

Beautiful leaves on our hike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! so excited to have new Caleb blogs so close together! what a beautiful background. Miss you guys!
mary

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - on lots of levels.
Maureen